IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM PVWC: DRINKING WATER PROBLEM CORRECTED
Several Customers of PVWC – High Crest, in the area of High Crest Drive and Longview Road, were notified on November 19, 2019 of a problem with our drinking water due to a water main break, and were advised to boil their water before using as a precautionary measure. We are pleased to report that repairs have been completed and subsequent water quality testing shows the water quality to be safe.
THE BOIL WATER ADVISORY IS LIFTED, and it is no longer necessary to boil your water before using.
The following measures are strongly encouraged at this time:
- Run your water faucets for 3-5 minutes to flush your service connection and interior plumbing with water from the service main.
- Empty and clean your automatic ice makers and water chillers.
- Drain and refill your hot water heater if the temperature is set below 113 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Service connections with a water softener should be run through a regeneration cycle.
- Water reservoirs in tall buildings should be drained and refilled.
Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.
We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
As always, you may contact Passaic Valley Water Commission’s Customer Service Department at 973-340-4300 with any comments or questions.
This notice is being sent to you by Passaic Valley Water Commission, State Water System ID# NJ1615003